Resin Transfer Molding
RTM is a low pressure, close molding process which offers a dimensionally accurate and high quality surface finish composite molding, using liquid thermoset polyesters reinforced with various forms of glass fiber. The RTM process has inherited advantage of low-pressure injection; it usually does not exceed 100 psi of resin injection pressure during the mold-fill process.
- Weight reduction in comparison with steel.
- Corrosion resistant.
- Good surface finish on both sides.
- Wide variety of material for use.
- Economical for law quantity and/or big parts.
- Uniformity of thickness and fiber loading.
- Uniform shrinkage.